Friday, November 16, 2007

Introducing R.

Maybe I should say a few words about myself, so people know who'll be reporting on the PES Council?

I am Danish blogger who have been blogging about politics since October 2005 (that's a long time, actually!). I have a degree in international journalism - but I doubt that says a whole lot about my online life. Let me try to portray myself in another way...

If you browse through Scratching the Surface you'll notice that I've become increasing interested in three things during my time as a blogger:

The first is gender issues. Ever since my first introduction to feminist media studies I've been addicted to the gender perspective! From parental leave for fathers to sex computer games for women - I write about it when I have a free minute!

Secondly, I am a Euro-optimist. I honestly believe there's a lot of problems which we can only solve by working together. This is also why I am a PES activist. Among other things I'm collecting Europe-wide petitions - and if you know of any don't hesitate to send them to me.

Lastly, I'm into new media. Blogger, Facebook, YouTube - you name it, I have a profile there. The only exception is MySpace, being owned by Rupert Murdoch, it sends me some bad vibes. I occasionally write about new media, but not as often and as in-depth as I would like.

That's pretty much it!

Finally, allow me to encourage the other contributors to this blog to introduce themselves. Who are you and why are you blogging?

No comments: